We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming some “normal” habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to you and your child’s safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for Wagner Pediatric Dentistry and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when your child receives care, it is both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. We will be opening for limited patient care starting May 26th, 2020.
Here is what you can expect before your child’s next appointment:
- You will continue to receive appointment reminders via text/email. Please be on the lookout for a login email to our online patient portal through Curve Connex so you can access our pre-appointment screening questionnaire. You must create an account within 24 hours of receiving the email in order to access the new CDC recommended health questionnaire.
- Each child will need an updated “COVID-19 Consent Questionnaire” 24 hours before each appointment. Paper copies will be available but it is preferable to fill out this form before you arrive. Please log in to your patient portal and complete the new Covid-19 Consent Questionnaire. Use the address provided below.
- Once you have logged in, there will be an option to ‘Go to my forms’ which you can click on to complete and sign any required forms.
- If this is your first time logging in to your patient portal, then upon login you will be prompted to contact our office. Please call us and we can send you an invitation email to the patient portal.
Here is what you can expect during your child’s next appointment:
- We will have a check-in desk outside of the office where you will arrive for your appointment. There, we will review the health questionnaire and take you and your child’s temperature.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed. Parents/guardians will be required to wear face protection in our office.
- Only 1 parent will be allowed at each appointment (unless approved by Dr. Wagner ahead of time). Please do not bring siblings or other family members that do not have a scheduled appointment. If you cannot follow this policy you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth to avoid unnecessary contact.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We may also change your current appointment time to aid in spacing out the schedule.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Our staff will be following strict PPE guidelines throughout your child’s appointment. We will be wearing a gown, surgical cap, mask and face shield. Although we may look different on the outside, rest assured that we are the same fun loving staff underneath all the mandated PPE.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We will be calling all of our patients that were cancelled in March, April and May.
We are currently working through 10 weeks of cancelled patients and are trying to get everyone back on our schedule as quickly yet safely as possible. Please be patient as we navigate through this difficult task.
Thank you for being a part of our family. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends. And we thank you for your patience as we implement these very important policies into our practice.
Dr. CJ Wagner and Team